This is a re-submission of my week one Portfolio Project submission. This resubmission incorporates additional feedback received, and additional edits identified through the editing process.
Eyes on Vera – Community Block Party
Star Rating Desired:
This project was designed to provide an understanding of the basic components for a project plan. To creat the project, there was creation of an initial concept (in this case – a block party acting as a fundraiser for The Vera Project in Seattle, WA), researching need and viability of the project, resource allocation, assessment and defining of project requirements, and identifying timeline and budgetary constraints. Throughout this project, potential avenues were also explored for effective media strategy and promotion of a crowd funding campaign.
Link to Deliverable: CLICK HEFRE
Feedback Received / Additional Updates :
Feedback From Initial Portfolio Submission:
- Page 4, third paragraph – There is an inconsistency in the typeface used, beginning with the quoted text but continuing into the next sentence.
- Page 4, fifth paragraph – The word “bringing” is misspelled in the sentence, “Eyes on Vera will also help promote the organization, brining greater awareness to the local community, and the benefits The Vera Project provides.”
- Page 4, sixth paragraph, second sentence – Remove comma after “Eyes on Vera”
- Page 5, first paragraph, third sentence – The word “feasibly” is misspelled.
- Page 5, first paragraph, fifth sentence – I believe the word “relate” should be changed to “related”.
- Page 22, References – typeface is inconsistent in the references.
Additional Edits Made:
- Page 3, paragraph 3 – added missing quotation mark to report title
- Page 4, paragraph 4 – addressed grammar issue with the word “immune” to provide clarity
- Page 4, paragraph 5 – made additional edits for improved grammar and structure
- Page 4, paragraph 6 – adjusted prepositions used for clarity
- Page 5, paragraph 1 – minor text edits to include the term “assessment: in sentence 4 to more accurately reflect inclusion in The Vera Project budget
- Page 5 – removed a small number of extra spaces throughout the paragraph structures
- Page 6, paragraph 3 – minor text adjustment to reference “sustainability against one year of potential downfall
- Page 9, paragraph 1 – adjusted final sentence from “the project” to “this project” for clarity
- Page 19, paragraph 2 – adjusted sentence 1 added “the” to key to financially” for clarity
- Page 19, paragraph 3 – adjusted final two sentences for clarity
- Page 20, minor text edits to the crowd funding reward levels
- Page 21, paragraph 2 – added comma after Twitter in sentence 2 to correct grammatical issue, changed wording from “give competitions” to “provide competitions” and reworked remainder of sentence for clarity.
- Page 21, paragraph 4 – changed wording in sentence 1 to include “and other all-ages venues”
Original Feedback informations:
For this project, feedback received was related to the crowd funding rewards, some editing issues, and need to further update the table of contents and page numbering throughout. Following this feedback (or in conjunction with), the rewards levels were adjusted, full editing of the document occurred, consistent page numbering was applied to all pages of the document, and additional research was included to provide a more solid foundation to the project concept. This project was an introduction to project management, and the true scope of requirements and work involved, would be considerably larger, though this project tackled a much greater project than required for the course.
For this project, the project management document was created in Microsoft Word, project timeline created in Microsoft Excel, Logo created in Photoshop, and final project plan output prepared in Adobe Acrobat Pro. Final project management plan is posted to a Google Doc folder for review and future editing opportunities.