In this post, I explore creating a web site proposal for the potential client No’Owie, and create initial wireframe mock-up for the client to showcase my idea for page layout. No bells and whistles here, just ideas on structure and format of proposed page layout and navigation.
Web Site Goals & Objective
Build a website using the Squarespace web-based content management system (CMS) platform to provide a web presence for No’Owie. The intent behind using a CMS system is to allow easy updates to the system without the need for ongoing maintenance by a third party source. In conjunction with the No’Owie website, both a blog page, and Facebook business page will be created. These two elements will allow opportunity to keep the site content fresh and active in the search engines, and improve the ability for potential clients to identify and locate No’Owie in the local Florida area. Additionally, the site will act as a hub to connect all business assets (blog, Facebook, or other future assets). This site must be mobile friendly for navigation on mobile devices like iPad or other tablets, and user friendly for a diverse target audience that includes senior citizens and those with lower set of technology skills. The site should be warm, comforting, and minimal in design that engages the audience with appropriate graphics, font and color. The end result is to introduce the services of No’Owie, establish credibility, and provide opportunity to build a greater client base, and allow the client make updates with little or no future assistance.
Specific Strategy Recommendations
- Use your current logo assets that have been provided.
- Develop Primary pages and functionality of site:
- Home Page (slider, basic site information,
- About Page (Biography, Mission, Vision)
- Services (services, descriptions and standard fees,)
- Contact (name, phone, email, contact request form, Facebook link, link to blog)
- Blog (establish linked blog page)
- Imagery throughout the site can be easily integrated by using the new services offered by Getty Images. This will allow a cost effective and simple way to keep images fresh if you chose to have them changed at any time. The black and white imagery is a beautiful concept that can be utilized, but I would recommend further exploration to identify images that represent a similar feel to the color photo links provided.
- It is also recommended that 3-5 images be identified which represent either the values of No’Owie, or a visual representation of the services offered. In purchasing these images, they could be altered (adding text) for use in an image slider on the home page. This also assures that the images on your homepage will always be available. Embedding images comes with an inherent risk of broken links (should the image be moved by Getty Images to a new storage location). If purchasing remains outside of budget, we can investigate image slider plug-ins that would allow integration of embedded images from Getty Images, but is important to understand the potential risks.
- Create 3 tile images that act as easy visual navigation into the primary areas of your site. These could be images with added text, or icons that represent the key content pages (About, Expertise, Services).
- Create a 2-3 sentence description for each of the tile images that would appear when scrolling over the tile image. This will allow the user to identify quickly the content they can expect when clicking to the associated page.
- Identify a list of alternate images from Getty Images that could easily be updated into the web site should any of the initial image links become unavailable.
- Create a Facebook page for No’Owie that will allow you to become more connected with your target audience in a structured, but casual manner. This will assist in showcasing your character as a health care professional, allow you to build long lasting relationships with your clients, and give them a mobile friendly platform in which to engage with you as “family”. It would not be uncommon that most, if not all caregivers would be on Facebook. This is a fantastic opportunity to share links to articles and content your clients would appreciate, photos, and inspirational messages, and can all be done from your mobile device “on the go”.
Estimated Design and Administrative Time: 25-30 hours
Estimated Cost: $1200-$1350
I estimate 45 days development time to design and publish the No’Owie site, provided all assets are provided in a timely manner, and under assumption that any information, requests for clarification, or payments are addressed in a timely manner.
Administration will be through Squarespce.com at a cost of approximately $16/month if billed annually. $20/month if billed monthly. Initial domain registration is included with this fee. This is a Content Management System (CMS) that will allow easy updates to your site, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, and opportunity to expand your site as necessary in the future.
Updates to the site or features (including additional pages, site features, Facebook page, blog or other functionality) beyond those identified within this proposal will be billed at an hourly rate of $45/hour with a ½ hour minimum.
This proposal includes up to three hours training on using Squarespace.com, allowing you to make independent updates to the site and blog content.
- Accept the proposal “as is” or discuss desired changes. Please note that changes to the scope of the project can be made at any time, but additional charges may apply.
- Finalize and sign contract.
- Submit initial payment of 50% of total project fee. A deposit equal to ½ the estimated cost of the web site project – $600.
- Credit card # on file with Squarespace.
- Credit card # provided for stock images (if choosing to purchase slider images).
Payment of a deposit equal to one half the project proposal estimate will be due upon acceptance of this proposal. This deposit will act as an initiation payment allowing work on this project to begin.
Payment – Project Complete
Project is to be completed within 45 days from date of deposit (initiation payment). Remaining project balance and any additional fees will be invoiced at that time.
Payment terms will be net thirty (30) days from initiation of invoice. Any amounts not paid within the thirty (30) days will be charged an interest fee of 1-1/2 percent for each month (or portion thereof) any such payment is late.
Postponed, Delayed or Abandoned Projects
All projects postponed, delayed or abandoned by the client for 30 days or more will be invoiced for work completed to date.
All projects, contracts and service agreements are subject to a cancellation fee equal to the deposit amount, plus any additional expenses incurred.