This post reflects the revisions made to the “No’Owie Bandage Removal” web site – a hypothetical business created for Mr. Harry Ramirez. The purpose of this revision was to integrate feedback from the Course Director and a peer review I received from my classmate Felisha Hodges.
For my revision of the No’Owie Bandage Removal site, I opted to update more than the required “three” changes to the original submission. I opted to make adjustments to all pages of the website to best integrate the feed back received from my Course Director, Ms. Wray and classmate Felisha Hodges.
Following are listings of changes that were implemented based on my feedback received:
1. It was noted that my home page had buttons that seemed out of place (one perspective received), while the other was that the page was clean and minimal. My original design intent for the three primary buttons (located below the navigation bar) was to create a different portal of navigation on the home page. In lieu of actual icons representing the category of navigation, I adapted the logo provided by my client to create the three buttons for “Learn More (the about page)”, “Services”, and “Contact”.
2. Testimonials page – this page was removed from the site (no screen shot image of this item), and the testimonials were distributed between the Home, About, and Services pages of the site. The intent was to allow visitors to interact with the testimonials throughout the site.
3. I adjusted the body text to have a more suitable size, line spacing, and appearance. This gave a more distinct clean feeling to the web pages. Similarly, the quotes are now all in a similar font as the primary body text – rather than bolded. One step I opted for in the “About” page was to bold only a handful of key words within the text describing Mr. Ramirez, as well as decrease the actual language used. The intent was to draw the visitor quickly through the story for those that like to scan a page. Bolded categories of services remained as before.
4. Format of both the About page, and Services page were adjusted. The format of the Services page and about page remained fairly similar, but the addition of quotes provided a greater balance to each page.
5. The Contact page title was updated to maintain the consistency of Title vs. Navigation Menu throughout the entire site.
6. Additional blog posts were created for the blog page that could be representative of the types of articles and postings Mr. Ramirez might consider posting.
7. The inspirations page was updated to include a short bit of text at the beginning to describe the intent and purpose of the page. An expanded (and slightly altered) slideshow begins this page of various inspirational items, and a video was added as a second type of item. The intent of this page is to have potential to expand and change out media elements that are of inspiration to Mr. Ramirez, and potentially provide benefit to his clients.
Here is the link to the updated web site: No’Owie Bandage Removal
A screen shot of each Original page, followed by a the Revised page follows below:
Home Page Original:
Home Page Revision:
About page Original:
About page Revision:
Services page Original:
Services page Revision:
Contact page Original:
Contact page Revision:
Inspiration page Original:
Inspiration page Revision:
Blog Page Original:
Blog page Revision: